The Impact of Dietary Regulation of Gene Function on Human Disease
- Nutrigenomics: studies the effect of nutrients on health through altering DNA (or for many types of virus, RNA), protein, metabolites and the resulting changes in physiology.
- Nutrigenetics: studies the effect of genetic variations on the interaction between diet and health with implications to susceptible subgroups.
Why study Nutritional Genomics?
Unlocking the key to our vitality and good health is at the core of what Nutritional Genomics seeks to learn and accomplish, intending to apply up-to-date knowledge in genetics and nutrition to the old saying ‘ You are what you eat’.
Dr. Mark Hyman defines:
Nutrigenomics is the new model of medicine, based on molecular medicine which began about 50 years ago with the discovery of DNA. Unfortunately, most doctors are still looking for the "magic bullet," or medication to cure illness, but chronic diseases will never be cured that way. Discover how to balance the basic life forces within your body to send new messages of health and healing.
The New Science of Nutrigenomics Unveiled:
Applications of Nutritional Genomics
I personally recommend the practical approach put together in The UltraMind Solution DVD or AUDIO CD BOOK with a workbook by Dr. Mark Hyman.
This book recommends six week program to start with dairy and gluten free diets to determine whether you have any allergy to any of these ingredients and slowly reintroduce them one at a time at the end of the program.
The ultramind solution companion guide covers details of Your Six-Week Eating Plan to an Ultra Mind Recipes.
To download the free ultramind companion guide see following link:
As an alternative approach see also Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo’s book Eat Right 4 Your Type and The GenoType Diet.
Where Dr. Adamo describes diet based on our blood type and biometric measurements.
In the Genotype Diet Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo draws on epigenetic, the study of the interaction between genes and environment, to argue that tailoring diet and lifestyle to "GenoTypes" (genetic survival strategies that predate ethnicity and race and correspond to such external traits as body type, size, finger prints, jaw shape and teeth patterns) is the most effective means to achieve optimum health.
In the beginning it may seem like a drastic change and overwhelming whichever diet program you may choose to select. From my experience I personally use the Kaizen way of change – a small step at a time and it is easy and effective.
Even if you decide not to follow the entire program if you at least adopt some of the key strategies described in these books of healthy eating you will see a significant difference in your energy level and well being within a few weeks.
As far as supplement is concerned please consult with your physicians before adopting any new supplements specifically if you are taking any medications or are allergic to certain type of food or ingredients used in the supplement.
NUTRITIONAL GENOMICS CONFERENCE:
Today, it is not uncommon to discuss the etiology of human disease in the context of genes, environment, and nutrition. With the sequencing of the human genome and the rapid scientific advances in technology that followed, researchers have been able to explore the linkage between diet and those molecular processes that govern long-term health and disease outcomes.
For Current Event and Conference Agenda on NUTRITIONAL GENOMICS please visit the link below:
The Nutritional Genomics Conference was organized jointly by the Department of Human Nutrition at Cal Poly Pomona and the Center of Excellence of Nutritional Genomics at University of California, Davis.
The final session of the conference will identify future directions for Nutritional Genomics research as well as challenges and opportunities for improving global health and wellness by preventing, delaying or mitigating chronic diseases and cancer with diet.
There is a lot of research in the field of NUTRITIONAL GENOMICS and it’s applications to improve human health. Indeed doing the root cause analysis and implementing the right diet with the right physical and mental exercise plan can alleviate most of our chronic diseases such as Obesity, Type II Diabetics, Inflammation, Hyper tension, Cardiovascular diseases and certain types of cancer The field is expanding as more and more Universities and Non-profit organizations in the US and abroad are doing additional research and collecting data to validate this new field and it’s potential benefit to humanity to in the years to come. I hope and trust that our health and governmental organizations, hospitals, and maybe even pharmaceutical companies will soon take interest to sponsor some of these very important studies in this field as complimentary treatments or as part of personalized medicine plans.
2. Advanced nutrition and human metabolism
To visit follow the link:
My Pyramid Plan:
4. Nutritional Genomics: discovering the path to personalized nutrition By Jim Kaput, Raymond L. Rodriguez
6. To review Nutrigenomics Q & A simply click or paste the link in your
7. To visit Human Nutrition Research
8. To see Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics
9. To view Summary Personalized Medicine
10. To review the recent
Journal of the International Society of
11. To review The European Nutrigenomics Organization simply click or paste the link below in your browser
12. To review A Perspective on Nutritional Genomics
Escott-Stump, Sylvia MA, RD, LDN
13. To learn more about Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo’s book Eat Right 4 Your Type and The GenoType Diet
14. To review Dr. Andrew Saul’s controversial scientific ideas on Orthomolecular Medicine simply click or paste the link below in your browser
15. Pharmacogenomics and nutrigenomics: synergies and differences.
16. Nutritional genomics in practice: Where do we begin?
17. Nutrigenomics: From Molecular Nutrition to Prevention of Disease